Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Saturday, September 15, 2007

And Guess What Else?!

...(Take a quick breath), And Guess What Else?! (Try to answer, but no use because...) Guess What Else?! I just realized that Noah was asking me a rhetorical question. He was quite ready to tell me without me having to exercise any brain power on my part. He also had to ask his question in a rapid fire succession that made me just laugh. I took him for a hair cut today and he looks mighty fine! Since it was just the two of us he was able to tell me all about every alien and plot point in the last seasons of Ben 10. He also let me know all about the history of Xiaolin Showdown, another cartoon. His eyes flashed with excitement of each exciting episode. He even told me he loved me, so what a great couple of hours with me chatty dude!

::::::::::::::HEYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUUUUU GUYSSSS!::::

I'm not sure who will be more excited when I give Rachel one of her birthday presents that I ordered from Amazon.com. It's this:


I absolutely loved this show as a kid! Rachel was at a sleepover with her friend Julia and they watched a pledge drive where they showed interviews and episodes of the old show. They have been laughing and quoting from the show since. I'm "Ex" "Cited"... "Excited"!

::::::::::::::What?! Another Vacation Layout!:::

Why, yes!



Text: After a long day of walking the kids were ready to dive into a large New York style pizza. Eve loved the stretchy margherita cheese. Aaron was so hungry he ordered a pizza just for himself. Our only surpise was that John's Pizzeria charged for refills.

Background Paper from Festive Papers by Shabby Princess
Water Color heart by The Powers Sisters designs
Pop Alpha by Holly McCaig
Circle Journal paper by Catrine
Cluster Frame Doodles by Ida
Wordy Bits Basic Alpha by Kate Hadfield and Tiff Brady
Font: DJB MICHAEL by Darcy Baldwin at The Digichick
New York skyline was created using a charcoal filter on an extracted photo of a crystal sculpture of the skyline from the internet.



:::::::::::::::::::::::What A Fun Surpise:::::

Rachel learned that she really like tennis. She attended a Girl Scout clinic on sports and fitness and they introduced the girls to a few sports and Rachel was just gushing about how cool tennis was to her.

Smiles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! your layout is amazing!!!! I love every single detail of it!!! the photos eating those pizzas mmmmmm...and the pape cuts...everything!!! I'm going to have to go to yoru gallery to have a cloer look ;)

What an amazing poster!!! she is going to love it!!! ;)

HUgs & kisses,

Mariquita

Carol said...

I absolutely love this layout. The big circle for the pizza, the picture frames, the skyline, how clever that is. It's all fabulous. What a fun memory.