Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, September 13, 2007

What is your scrapbooking style? This is a question people bandy about and I have thought about myself. I am rather eclectic in the bits and pieces that I like. I have the hardest time using just one photo because I often don't feel like I can tell the story of what is going on behind the scenes. I love layouts that are art for art's sake, but my driving force is trying to chronicle the moments in life before I completely forget what happened. I often have to skew photos because I guess I see the world a bit off center, so that works for me.

I have, also, always loved to look at photos. Whenever I would tag along with my mom to visit people I would ask if I could look in the photo albums they would have lying around. I enjoyed looking at the clothes, hairstyles, cars, architecture...pretty much anything. I find life fascinating. There is always something to learn...or re-learn!

Well, here is one more page to our Ellis Island visit:




This is another layout to go along with our family vacation stop at Ellis Island. The children became very thoughtful when they learned about the medical inspection given to those coming into the United States. The test for trachoma was a bit scary and they realized how unnerving it must have been to be examined in front of a large group of people.


My daughter, Rachel, was intriqued by the hanging beds in the dormitory and thought it looked like "fun" to sleep that way, which gave me the opportunity to explain why it wouldn't be like going to Girl Scout camp. I highly recommend this as a place to visit if you get the opportunity!


Fonts: Dead Letter Office
CK Good Point
DJB MICHAEL/ DJB RACHELZ by Darcy
Baldwin at The Digichick


Background: Ultimate Backgrounds Vol. 1 by Nancy Comelab


Cluster Frame by Nancy Comelab


Doodled Punctuation and Messy Staple by Kate Hadfield


::::::::::::::::::::::New Book:::::::::

I just started reading the second book in the Bourne series titled, The Bourne Supremacy. I'm still reading Zimbardo's book, as well.

::::::::::::::::::::::Tooth Fairys are on Alert:::::::::

Noah and Rachel both have squiggly wiggly loose teeth, so I guess by this weekend my wallet will be a bit lighter...who am I kidding! I never have any cash and I will probably forget to go by the credit union, so I will have to give the kids a TFIOU (Tooth Fairy I Owe You).

:::::::::::::::::::::::EVE is 4 and 99% :::::

That is what I told her this morning. Tomorrow morning she will be 5. I have already designed a card for her and I'll post it tomorrow. I think she will like all of the yellow I used.

Smiles, y'all!

2 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

I enjoy your eclectic layouts, your off-center use of pictures and especially your journaling. Keep experimenting but please don't change your style just to fit somebody else's arbitrarily assigned "scrapbooking style".
Love you.

Carol said...

Oh happy birthday to Eve, does she realize it's tomorrow already in this neck of the woods and she has a really special birthday because guess what ... she shares it with ME !!!!!!! LOL Except 5 is a mere hazy memory many moons ago for me! ROFL

As for your scrapping style, I think eclectic describes yours very well. I love that they are so exciting and you have a way of putting things together that just fit and they do tell a story. Oh how special your pages will be both now and in years to come as you look back and reminisce. I envy your pages because they are just so darn brilliant.

Michael says it best in his comment, don't change to fit what others do, or what the current trend or fashion is. Design your pages how you see fit for the particular photos and the story you want to tell.

My goodness long post, better end! LOL