Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Book Worms R US

:::::::::::::Saturday:::::::
Michael and I took our book worm, Rachel, to the book festival being held in downtown Decatur. One of the events was making your own paper. Rachel was able to swish her hand in the tub of water and cotton fibers, then use the screen to create her paper. The drying, blotting and ironing process took about 10 minutes.

What stopped at one of the tents and grabbed a couple of Mad Libs and a book on how to draw fairies and mermaids for Evey.
We also stopped by this shop:
Little Shop of Stories. This place was a recommendation from our friend and Master Book Worm, Kim. Rachel had fun looking at all the books and was a bit crestfallen that we couldn't buy all of them. The store has an adjacent ice cream shop and comfy couches for relaxing.

:::::::::::::::::Labor Day Activities::::::::

Please check out my son, Aaron, climbing "Easy Crack" (a 5.8 climb) at Boat Rock. Michael has the video on his blog.

:::::::::::::::::Resistant Ear Infection:::::

Rachel still has significant pain in her ear. It has been almost a month now. She has taken two antibiotics. The first one, amoxicillan, got rid of the strep throat. I have a couple of emails to the doctor that I hope will help figure out what is going on with her ear.

:::::::::::::::::First Day of School:::::::::

Eve is excited to start Pre-K, today! Her bags are packed with the requested school supplies and she has a great attitude. I'll try to post a photo of her later.

Aaron starts Georgia Virtual Academy today. The company accidently shipped one of the items incorrectly, so instead of Life Science I have music on tape. I'm waiting to hear back from them on correcting the mix-up.

Later, gators!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at that book! i want it for myself! I can't draw anything. LOL Yet, I can design. LOL

I hope her ear infection goes away. Those hurt so bad. Tee hee, I'm probably the one who told you guys to take her to the chiropractor. LOL Just kidding, it wasn't me, I promise, I only do that to my own family members. LOL I agree with your husband, live and let live, you say tomato, I say tomahto. LOL :o) (I actually take mine to both an MD and the chiro - so I don't just rely on the chiro)

I hope she has fun in PreK! How exciting!

And, I wish I could get Alyce to be quiet in the car. Would have saved me all of that sanity I lost yesterday. LOL I can't wait until I can shhh, mommy's driving and she'll actually listen.

Have a great day Victoria!