Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Time for the Tooth Fairy Shake Down!

Rachel lost her tooth on Saturday and Noah lost his after church on Sunday. Noah just kept trying to figure out how much money he was going to score from losing his tooth, then calculate how much he would make if he were to lose all of his teeth. I'm not sure what a toothless 7 year-old would bank role, but I believe it wouldn't be a long term investment. Rachel, discreetly, asked if "The Tooth Fairy" had any money. I informed her that The Tooth Fairy would talk to a money broker for an interim loan, but that she could put her tooth under the pillow. So, I went to talk to Aaron "Mr. Ziplock Bag O'Change" Taylor and was able to work out a deal. He loaned me 4 quarters with a deal that I pay him for 3 back teeth he lost a couple of weeks ago and a new scooter for his birthday on Thursday. We shook on the deal, so on Thursday we will head to the store for a new scooter. The machinations of a Tooth Fairy are really weird.

Both Michael and I noticed that Noah's new tooth is coming in too far back, so Michael quipped that when Rachel gets her braces off in November we could keep them and put them on Noah. He was surprised you could do such a thing, then we informed him it was a joke.






::::::::::::::::::::::National Geographic::::


In The Womb- Animals
I watched this with the kids a couple of days ago. They were all fascinated with the development of the animals from conception to delivery. They showed a Golden Retriever, elephant and dolphin. For parents who are disturbed by their children seeing any forms of mating then you would want to skip this because the documentary shows how this whole journey starts out. The kids were a bit grossed out, but since the mating portion is such a small amount of time (especially if your a dolphin) that the more "cool" stuff took up the majority of the film. It was funny to hear Noah explain that sperm are "really just the genetic information from the male". He was so clinical about it. If you have ever met my robot fanatic son you would know that he tends to talk like a old man professor. He put the movie in the other day because he wanted to watch it again.

Our next documentary is Planet Earth. It should be pretty interesting. I'll let you know.

Smiles!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You should check out the other In the Womb episodes. The one on multiples was particularly interesting.

Rebecca loves the Planet Earth shows. Really cool stuff.

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

oh, how I have missed your blog! tiny, condensed version: I had to do a System Recovery when my network card stopped working. I did NOT back up my bookmarks. grrr~! the end.
LOL But now I'm fully up and running, so it's all good.