Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, September 24, 2007

Just A Few Things:


Goofy Things About Me:

1. I believe I am part of a small number of people ever left by their family after high school graduation…at the school. My parents are divorced and each of them thought the other was taking me home after the graduation ceremony. I ended up calling them on the payphone in the cafeteria and having my friend Kelsey drive me home.

2. In the Winter I don’t mind walking around outside barefoot while wearing a sweatshirt. Mind you, it is a Georgia Winter which tends to be mild.

3. I often can’t think of the right name for something so I call it a “Whohah”. My grandmother used to call things like that “hickeys”, but from what my family tells me my word is no improvement and sounds a bit scandalous.

4. I don’t use an alarm clock because I don’t want to wake the kids in the morning. It’s the only time I have alone. I look at the clock and tell myself how much time I have to sleep, then I wake up about 5 minutes, or exactly on time. I have been using this method for 5 years.

5. I used to have my own C.B. radio in my room. I had two different handles: Ladybug and Moonbeam.

6. The only cereal I will put milk on is Rice Krispies. I can’t stand sweetened milk.

7. I enjoy driving odd little vehicles i.e. golf carts, fork lifts, 4 wheelers.

8. The car I currently covet is a Mini-Cooper S.

9. I like to get to the movie theater in time for the previews and I stay through all the credits.

10. My mother almost named me Heather.

11. A t-shirt that I wear about once a week was purchased in 1992 it depicts the famous slide in the National League Championship Series by Sid Bream of the Atlanta Braves.

12. When I dance with a partner I try to lead. (Michael finds it annoying, but he loves me anyway.)

13. I attended “Winnie the Pooh” charm school at a local clothing store called Sears.

14. One of the dumbest things I ever did when I was old enough to know better: I wondered if I could break glass with my bare hands, so I pulled a shard of broken glass from the neighbor’s garage door. I snapped the piece of glass into two pieces. I also cut my finger. I ran in the house to clean the wound, which bled and bled. I did know to apply pressure, so I stopped bleeding…eventually. I denied to my mother that there was any problem. I have a crescent shaped scar on the middle finger of my left hand as a souvenir…or is it a “stupidenir”?

15. I hate massages. I can’t stand the concept of someone kneading my flesh for any reason. I do not desire to have any of my built up lactic acid released into my blood stream. I prefer a good back scratch instead.

16. I smile at people because it is the polite things to do. I also smile at people to evaluate their personality. If they don’t smile back I tend to avoid them because they are not innately nice people. However, I realize they might be having a bad day.

17. I had my own belly dancing costume when I was 6 or 7 years-old. I learned to roll a quarter up my stomach by watching my mom doing her belly dancing exercises. I haven’t been able to do that in the last 27 years.

18. I back into parking spaces ever since Michael told me how much safer it is.

19. I told Michael that he isn’t allowed to make spaghetti anymore because that is one of the only things I cook well and I would have nothing left in my repertoire but grilled cheese sandwiches.

20. I can take a pen and place it between my upper lip and nose and roll it down to my mouth, flip the pen 180 degrees and then, using my lower lip, place the pen back in on my upper lip.

Smiles!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I've been lurking here for quite some time, but when I read about your amazing pen and lip tricks I had to comment. I thought I was the only one in the world who could hold a pen between my lower lip and chin!! I also astound people by rolling it from my nose down to chin and back again. It's so good to know I'm not alone!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you left out the porch incident! Rochelle would have reminded you that is her favorite story.

Anonymous said...

What about the time you use your mother curling iron to cook the bacon. These were priceless and greatly brighten up my dab work day, I laughed until I cried especially about your mother leaving you at graduation. Poor Girl, how did you ever grow up to be such a great human being, you have been through alot. Love debbie Z

janna said...

I love all of the tid-bits about you!

And thank you for the kind words on my blog!