Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Will Haunt 4 Candy!




I don't know how many of you remember Adam Sandler's bizarre Halloween sketch where he would say stuff like, "I'm crazy pickle arm! Give me some candy!" He would use other inane objects and then demand candy. I thought it was hilarious, so I present to you...Crazy Purse Head!


Sausan Designs: Oogelie Googelie
Needful Things 1 & 3
Brushit Up Striped Alpha


Darcy Baldwin: DJB Pookie Doo at The Digichick on sale today!
DJB ADEE1


Nancy Comelab: Vintage Frame grunge


*Ashley Olson's Doodle Word Frame modified to use only the doodled edge.



:::::::::::::::::::::::ATC::::::::::::::::

It has been about a year since I made in Art Trading Cards and I really miss making them. What made me want to jump right in and create some more are found on Sandra Evertson's blog. I love the time elements she used. She also had a great art idea shown on her site that you could do yourself and get your kids involved too. She used ink blot art to make Ink Blot Characters. I thought this was so funky.

Here is an example of my ATCs that I have posted over time, but digging through the archives is a bit of a pain, so I will place them all in this one convenient spot:









::::::::::::::Swimming Lessons::::::::

Hopefully the kids will start swimming lessons this Saturday, but I haven't firmed up all the details, yet. The young lady teaching them was part of the lifeguard team that one a competition in our county.

I hope y'all have a great day!
Smiles!

2 comments:

20Birds said...

ah, i have missed visting your blog, been swamped with illness here... but i lvoe all the inspiration you provided todaiy

Donna B. Miller said...

I love the layout, Victoria. Isn't Sausan's new kit just fun? Loved looking at your ATCs. I remembered the E one from ScrapArtist.