Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Deep Thoughts by...

...no, not Jack Handy, Noah. Michael blogged about Noah's newest question, so I decided to create a layout about it:




Background paper from Oilpaint 2 by Gina Miller, Comic Junkie kit by Jan Crowley, Backward Staples by Jenn Patrick, Stitched Alpha, Pipe Cleaner Stars, Doodle Journal boxes, Journal Scribbles, New House Doodles, Space Doodles by Kate Hadfield, Alpha Blocks and Boy Buttons by Natalie Braxton, Summer Collab kit by the Lilypad, Sun felt by Tiff Brady, Teeny Tiny Alpha by Jessica Bolton, Font: DB Michael by Darcy, Another Typewriter


::::::::::::::::New Family Reading Book::::::::


The Sisters Grimm: The Problem Child

The first chapter was a continuation of a perilous situation for Sabrina and Puck, the Trickster King. The kids were sad when I didn't keep reading, but it was late and my ear hurt.

:::::::::::Ear Update::::::::::::::

Well, the doctor said I have a cloudy eardrum. Since I could pressurize my ears, had no fever or dizziness he guessed it was swimmer's ear, but that it appeared to be progressing towards infection (acute otitis media). He prescribed some drops that would act as an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory.
The doctor asked me the steps I had already taken to help my ear. When I told him all I had attempted he laughed and said I had covered everything.
Currently I have no fever, but I probably got two hours of sleep. My jaw is sore next to the tragus (that triangular flap). The membrane is so swollen that I can't hear on the right. I also have a prescription that I can fill by Friday for Augmentin if things get worse. I did some reading about using antibotics and the report said that around 81% of cases resolve themselves within 7 days. So, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll probably end up filling the prescription as back up.


:::::::::::::::::::Train Wreck on the Couch:::

I would have taken a photo, but Rachel's undies would have shown...modesty prevailed. She and Aaron where all arms and legs twisted on the couch downstairs. They decided to stay up and read and play computer. When I came down at 6:15am. Aaron's legs where over Rachel's face and his head was hanging off the side. They looked so bizarre!

::::::::::::::::::::Vacation:::::::

Michael has made the reservations for all the different hotels. We will be stopping in Colonial Williamsburg,VA., Philadelphia,PA., Hoboken, N.J.(right outside of NYC), Niagara Falls (N.Y. side...not as pretty, but cheaper). We will also be camping on the first and second days out, but I can't remember where he said. We will be stopping by Monticello during those two days.
I'm taking care of getting the bills in order before we go, so I hope I don't forget anything. My mom is going to ferret sit. She is okay with Jasper, her "grandferret" as she calls him.

Smiles...(albeit painfully)!

5 comments:

Tara (aka AbbysMomma) said...

LOVE that layout!!! It's so fun!

Hope the ear is feeling better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your ear. Hope you feel better soon! LOVE the layout, so cute and unique!!

Jamie said...

Victoria,
Thank you so for visiting my blog. I am glad you liked the seed packets. I bought them for my Mom to hang in her kitchen:) I love that you have a Family Reading book. We just purchased all 7 of the Narnia books and are getting ready to start them. It is such a wonderful part of our bedtime routine. Thanks for the reviews and "Murder By Death" is one of my favorites too!

Sincerely, Jamie

Jamie said...

Oh, I hope your ear feels better! I just got over an ear infection too:( Jamie

Gina said...

LOL on the jack handy. Hope your ear feels better soon! : (