Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, June 25, 2007

Life's an Adventure With You

Life's an Adventure With You


Text: Eve you make me laugh when you choose to eat regular sized carrots that you call "Mommy Carrots", so you can have a treat. You love to pretend you are a horse, a lion or a house cat. You love to get your photo taken. You could play at the park all day, but if you are told you have to walk somewhere you protest. In the morning you call my name and when I go to check on you you are hiding under the covers. You giggle as I "look" for you and give me a big hug when I find you.



::::::::::::::::::::Mad Libs:::::::::::



As a kid I always looked forward to book fair time. My parents didn't have a lot of money, but I would be able to at least get one book and a Mad Lib. I would have hours of fun with my family and friends asking them to come up with adjectives, nouns, names of body parts, verbs, colors and names of places. So, it was funny for me when we went for lunch at Arby's and the kid's meals came with a Mad Lib booklet and one Mad Lib printed on the bag. Invariably, the word "butt" is used as a body part and the kids snicker and giggle.
Aaron and Rachel stayed up last night laughing over the Mad Libs they were coming up with using the little booklet. I suppose I will need to make a run to a book store and grab a couple of these for the trip.

Mad Libs as described by Wikipedia.

Here is an on-line version that is similar: Wacky Web Tales

Here is another site: Madlibs.org

Here is another Mad Lib generator from a teaching site.
::::::::::::::::::::Earache::::::::::::

My ear still hurts and I think it is getting worse. I suppose I'll call for a doctor's appointment if it doesn't improve by tonight. JOY!

:::::::::::::::::::::Carol has done it again!::::::::

For a side-splitting laugh...this really is a good thing...think of all of the endorphins and life extending qualities of a good laugh!...check out her newest layout of things that never really happened: Carol's Blog




Have a great day! Smiles!

8 comments:

Alissa said...

Oh, I loved doing mad libs as a kid :) And over the last few years I have enjoyed making my own for bridal and baby showers, lol. Always fun.

Your page looks terrific Victoria!

Have a great day!

Cindy said...

LOVE the LIfe's An Adventure WIth YOu layout! Especially the journaling. She will love that one when she is grown up!

Amanda said...

Mad Libs were sure great! Haven't done one in a while, and I must admit, I would have a hard time figuring out what adverbs and adjectives are again! LOL!

Unknown said...

That is an adorable layout! I love all the journaling and the elements! My kids loved those Mad Libs too.

Monique said...

i LOVE your blog header! it's sooo cute and well done! and your layout is adorable, i love the colors and elements! have a great day, and i hope your ear feels better soon, i used to get earaches all the time.... sooo not fun!

Becky (Daisyduster) said...

LOVED Mad Libs too!!
...and oh how I couldn't wait for book day!!!
How funny that such a simple thing really, can create hours and hours of giggles and fun...and learning....
Thank you too, for the sweet comment on my blog today!

Nostalgia Pura said...

I love yor blog...
I always visit you and enjoy all yours layouts.
That actual layout is an adorable...

Carol said...

You are too kind Victoria, thank you! I hope your ear is better soon. Don't lose your balance, that's what happens with ear problems. I adore your layout, my goodness it has everything going for it. But it's like all your layouts, absolutely full of life and fun. What amazing albums you are putting together for your kidlets.