Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, June 14, 2007



Text: Eve and Noah are like most siblings. They love each other one minute and then they're fighting the next. When asked what she likes about Noah Eve answered, "He's so funny!"
When I asked Noah what he liked about Eve he replied, "Because she is part of my family and she's cutsey wootsey!"

Background paper from Soda Popp by Meredith Fenwick, Photo negative brush from Simple Expressions by Jen Wilson, Font: Typical Writer, Brushes from Retro Vintage by Little Dreamer Designs, Heart frame by Vera Lim, Teeny Tiny Alpha by Jessica Bolton, Date Stamp by Amber Clegg


:::::::::::::::::Finished::::::::::::


If you like true story drama and suspense this book is for you! The heroism of the submariners aboard the S Five is amazing. I think we have all had a moment in our lives that we knew exactly what to do, were capable of doing it and got distracted and bloughed it! The combination of a poorly engineered valve that closed the main induction valve and human distraction due to multi-tasking caused a test crash dive to send 37 men to the bottom of the ocean. The story of how everyone worked together in the sub and those who worked to get them out on the outside is riveting. The author interweaves explanations of submarine history and personal histories superbly. I highly recommend this book.

:::::::::::::::::::::Current Read::::::::::::::


The author of this book worked on the film that was released earlier in the year titled "Amazing Grace". William Wilberforce became an advocate to end slavery. He had a conversion to Christianity and thought he should leave politics because he felt he would be unable to combine the two parts of his life. John Newton who pinned the words to the song "Amazing Grace" encouraged Wilberforce to remain in politics to be able to change the world for the better.

In this book, which has been edited with modern words and phrases, is William Wilberforce's call to people to live Christianity as the Bible teaches and live as the Savior taught. He disdains the idea of cultural Christianity where people just say they are Christian without doing anything about it.

I will do a review of the book when I've finished reading it.

:::::::::::::::::::::::A Cut Above The Rest:::::::

Grandpa Jim got his eyes carved on today. He had an PRK procedure done.
He says he feels okay, so far.

I would like to get some form of corrective surgery on my eyes some day, too. My FIL used to always ask me what I was smokin' when he would see me because my pupils are always very dilated. This makes me wonder if I would be a good candidate for surgery.

:::::::::::::::::::Rachel's Story::::::::::

Day 4 is completed and Rachel has a cool story about wasps to rewrite for Friday. I look forward to seeing what she comes up with for her final draft.

Smiles!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Because she's cutesy wootsey. I love that. Something to remind him of in years to come I dare say when they are fighting!