Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Your Smile

Eve before her tooth was pulled...OBVIOUSLY...I just didn't want anyone to think she already had her permanent tooth come in.




My daughter loves flowers and to smile, which brighten my day, too!



Cottage Dream kit by Studio Sandra at Scrapbookgraphics,
Ornate Alpha by Studio Sandra at Scrapbookgraphics,
Curled Paper Edges 2 by Jen Caputo,
Backward Staples by Jenn Patrick,
Font: DJB JENB2

:::::::::::::::::::::::::KIDS AWAY::::::

the parents will play! Michael and I went on a date to Sangria's, a local Mexican restaurant we like. Since there were no first run movies out we were interested in seeing we went by Blockbuster and selected "Stranger Than Fiction" and "The Devil Wears Prada". We also picked up some Milk Duds and Whoppers at the grocery store to help the movie ambience.

We both watched and enjoyed "Stranger Than Fiction". Will Ferrell's character was easy to like and Emma Thompson's eccentric writer persona was quirky and enjoyable. Dustin Hoffman as an English Professor/University Lifeguard was fun a bizarre. The scene where he asks Will Ferrell several questions to ascertain what type of book he is in made me laugh so hard. Very interesting film and worth the time.

..........This morning I watched "The Devil Wears Prada". I was expecting a film about an industry that relies the superficial desires of human beings to fund their billion dollar industry, and Meryl Streep's character to be dragon lady. But after watching the movie for an hour I could not get over the fact that Anne Hathaway's character as a writer want-a-be working as a second assistant to Streep's character was a jerk. There was no real rising above any hard ships in this movie. The great life lesson learned by the main character was as meagre as the food portions eaten by a skeletal supermodel. The last quip in the film was that Hathaway's character had gone from a size 6 to a size 4...hmmmm me thinks a few fingers went down some throats after this movie for a couple of different reasons. If I wasn't clear on any of my points...I do NOT recommend this film.


::::::::::::Phone Calls::::::::

I have had 3 phone calls today because the kids just want to tell me about their day and that they love me! Do you feel the warm fuzzies... I sure do!

Smiles!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! No! No! You missed the meaning of Devil! In the end "Emily" realized that she did not want to become someone like Miranda- divorced 4 times, willing to sell out her friends to keep her place in the world, and seen as uncaring. She has a great heart and wasn't willing to let her fire be stomped out by Jimmy Choos! It's a fabulous movie! Re-watch the last 15 minutes. {and it's too bad that she lost her boyfriend in the gig- he's got great eyes and I would love to get my lips around one of his grilled cheese sandwiches!}

Anonymous said...

I loved "Stranger than Fiction!" I normally don't like Will Ferrell (although I did like "Elf.") It's so sweet that you're kids call just to check in. Lucky you!