Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend Events

It was a sleuthing weekend. Friday night on a classic movie channel they showed the original Nancy Drew movies from 1938-1939 with Bonita Granville. I was able to watch the first two, but Michael had to work the next morning so we went home. Rachel watched the remaining two movies and especially liked the final film called "The Hidden Staircase".








Emma Roberts did a great job as the new Nancy Drew. The story line could have been better, but it was a good start. Maybe they will do more. I really wanted her to solve a mystery along side her chums George and Bess. I'm glad they made sure she had a roadster...so cool!


My mom took Noah and Evey to see the new Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. She reported that they were very chatty during the movie, but that they enjoyed the film. Noah was very animated while trying to explain the story line, which always makes me laugh.
:::::::::::::::::Father's Day::::::::::

I made Michael a slideshow of photos from 2006-2007 of him doing things with the kids. We went to hear Reuben speak in sacrament meeting, then we were invited over to Stephen and Shelene's house for lunch. The Stephenites know how to feed a crowd. There were pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and omelets to order. The kids loved playing with their cousins.

I called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day and my stepmother, Alice, invited the kids to stay a couple of days. We went by our house and grabbed some clothes for the kids, then stopped by mom and Jim's to give him his shutterfly book. His eyes are coming along great.

Then, to my dad's. My niece and nephew were happy to see their cousins, too. Tyler ended up wanting to go home with his mom, so Tracy took Haley, Tyler, Rachel and Eve to her house, while Noah and Aaron stayed with Paw Paw and Granny. They hope to go to a bounce house today.

Michael and I came home to a quiet and messy house, so I guess I will take this break from the kids being home to clean up after them.

I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh I so want to see the new Nacey Drew movie!! I'm wondering if my little girl will sit through it...she loved pirates of the caribbean so maybe...

Anonymous said...

You write very well.