Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

13 oz. Tupperware Cups and a 6 year-old:

Today I realized my son, Noah, is an optimist. Why, you may ask?!? I will give you the background of my epiphany: I loaded Noah and Eve in the Queen Victoria Family Truckster and headed to the Varsity (a historic fast food establishment in Atlanta) to meet my sister, Tracy, and pick up my other daughter, Rachel. Of course, I told the kids to go to the bathroom before we left. This time honored mantra exists because it's always the right advice and it is never taken. Anyhoo- so, we are sitting in the Varsity parking lot away from the drive-in guys, because I don't actually want to eat there, and Noah says I've got to p**.
Mom response: Are you sure you can't hold it for awhile?
Noah: No, can't we just go inside?
Mom: No, Eve is asleep in the hot car.
Noah: It won't take long. We could just run in.
Mom: No (I say as I fumble around my car of cra* and find the set of Disney Princess cups I forgot to give my mom after a Tupperware party we went to.) Perfect. Go in the back of the car and go p** in the cup.
Noah: Roll the windows up. Someone might see me.
Mom: No, it's hot. Go in the back and p**.
Noah: Here.
Mom: Thank you (Mind you I harbor a jealous streak here, because it would be mighty handy to be able to do this).

I proceed to pour the contents onto the parking lot.

Noah: What did you do with my p**?
Mom: I poured it outside of the car.
Noah: That is so cool! Now I get to make a cloud. You know it will evaporate and make a cloud.
Mom: (Laughing) That is cool. (I think to myself that I hope Eve stays asleep because even though I have another cup left I don't want to figure that deal out.)

So, when the world gives you an urgent need to go and you have to do so in the great outdoors just think...I'M MAKING A CLOUD! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous, 'making a cloud'.