Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, June 09, 2006

Is Something Seriously Wrong with this Guy?

My husband infrequently looks normal when photographed. His appearance is often Pythonesque if you are familiar with the "I want to be a brain surgeon" sketch he looks like he is part of the troop. I choose the pictures that showed him just doing odd things with his eyes and mouth as opposed to the photos where he sticks his finger up his nose because he doesn't want to be photographed (I'm certain this is the reason, otherwise I would sure get the heebie jeebies about him).



Papers and embellishments from Gina Cabrera's Lucky Star Kit, polariod frames by Gina Miller in her BYOBB Add ons, Fonts: Pea Alisha, Mailart Rubberstamp, Oopie's Ma, Poornut.
--------------------

This photo is one of my favorites of Eve. She really was quite serious at this chess game.


Studio Chic kit by Shabby Princess, Fonts: Mailart Rubber Stamp and Blackadder ITC
---------------------
Our family book of the evening wasGrossology, which is a great book for explaining bodily functions to kids (and adults). By the time we got finished with talking about poo, you guessed it...Noah was "pooped out", sound asleep, sawing logs, out cold. I use these phrases as a similar devise used in the book we were reading. The actual book The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis is on a summer hiatus until Aaron and Michael get back from Scout Camp.
I have to go by the library tomorrow and grab the next book in the Aubrey/Maturin series entitled Letter of Marque, and I put a couple of Harriet the Spy books on hold for Rachel.

My children, by their own volition, helped me spray and wipe several of the wall surfaces where they drag their dirty hands, or have worked on their own version of cave paintings. Noah and Eve did a great job and Rachel was enthusiastic on the progress she made. I was really proud of them!

Today Noah was playing the computer game "Robots" based on the movie and was getting really frustrated and pleaded with me to help him. I said why do you want my help? His response was priceless and condescending at the same time---"Because you are the smartest person in the house---right now". Nothing like putting conditions on a compliment to endear a person to you. He said Aaron could do it, but he was a scout camp, which goes to show if I can get my 11 year-old and my husband out of the house my I.Q. level moves into the acceptable range for my 6 year-old. I'm expecting a call from t.v. writers now that remakes are so popular, that is, if they are looking for a 6 year-old version of Archie Bunker. So, did I get around to helping him...Yes, and successfully I might add. So for the rest of the day Noah thought I was great and cool at video games, as opposed to yesterday when I sent him to time out for screaming at me that I was "DOING IT ALL WRONG!" AHHH! What simple moments of pleasure can be derived from learning to use the Jump button and arrow key in tandem. WHO KNEW?!?

1 comment:

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

ROFL oh my, how I love your blog! :) Your kids are too, too funny. The LO about your DH reminds me of my own! He either looks mad, or crazy....sometimes both. LOL