Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Is There Any Such Thing as The Speed of Dark?

This was Noah's profound science question of the afternoon. This kid has such interesting questions. Often times, he is to busy talking to actually let you answer.


Popsicle Papers by Shabby Princess, brackets from Colorful Spring by Kristy Ann Nerness, crayon photo from www.sxc.hu, Fun Fibers by Gina Miller, Font: Pea Carrie

This layout is about one of Noah's journal entries in Kindergarten this year. The teacher, Mrs. Barclay, said it was all she could do to stop herself laughing while talking to Noah about the drawing he had done of me. Apparently, he drew of picture of me taking a shower and of course, I was not wearing any clothes. He delightedly showed the rest of his classmates this crayon rendered likeness of my female form. Mrs. Barclay said that she told Noah to put a towel on me three times very gentle, yet firmly. He was exasperated that he had to alter his great drawing and thought it silly that I would be caught wearing a towel in the shower where it would get wet. Noah has yet to do any more of these risque drawings. I wonder if Noah will some day be included in the likes of Gaugin, Picasso, or Ruben...you know it could be called the Noahesque Period.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Victoria I need your e-mail address. You can send it to sbodd@bigpond.net.au.
Many thanks

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

ROFL, choking to death! XD I can just imagine my son doing this to me in the near future (he turns 4 this month). ack! LOL X-D