Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Psychological Reason Kids are Exhibitionists:

Have you wondered why your kids find it hilarious, even necessary, to run around n*de? Making you chase them and threaten to put them in time out. I have the answer...as it pertains to 3 year olds...it is all about SHOES. Yes you have read correctly! Their propensity for running around without their clothes on is simply because they can't find the right pair of shoes to go with their clothes that they will be wearing...but do not actually have on their person! I learned this fact when I could not get my daughter to put a clean pair of un*erwear on and her purple ballet outfit (just cause she is a princess...that's why!) until she found her sparkly shoes. It didn't matter that the neighbor girl was over visiting...No...it is all about the SHOES! I think I hear a faint "Amen, sister!" from Imelda Marcos and those girls from that t.v. show I've never watched, but I've heard they were way into shoes.

2 comments:

Jason and Jessica Bills said...

Hey Victoria! I didn't know that you were into scrapbooking. Don't you love it! It was great to see you left me a message. By the way...the link to Jessica Sprague's Blog is my sister in law. I love seeing when people I know go to her sight!

Jessica

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

LOL @ shoes!!! I don't think it applies to my 4yo boy, though. He told me today that he just like the way no clothes feel. But he knows that if he's not wearding un#erwear, that I will smack his bum. :D