Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Friday, June 16, 2006

This just in--- SPRINKLER NO MATCH FOR TAYLOR KIDS:



I used Michelle Coleman's papers and staples from the Scrap Artist Kit called "Summer Whimsy", Fonts: Amanda's Hand, House Sitter's Club, Dirty Ego, Biondi, Stamped DSG, Too Many Secrets, Tempus Sans ITC, Weathered SF, Randy Described Eternity, Punch Label, Pharmacy, Jokerman and Hursheys

Text: Grandpa Jim was happy to set up the sprinkler for the kids to run through on Saturday. Since we didn't bring swimsuits the kids made do with over-sized T-shirts and extra pairs of underwear. The quotes on these pages are from Noah who often finds strange things to say. He declares them with so much enthusiam that we are left laughing and asking each other, "Did you hear what he said this time?!?"

---------

Thanks for the comments, Janna, Julie P. and Barbara! I really appreciate hearing from y'all!

---------

Here is a link to the tutorial I used 90% for the page curl on the Wild Wind of Badlands...It isn't the tutorials fault, but often I simply can't figure stuff out, so I get as close as possible and punt!

Janee's Photoshop Tutorials

I was able to get as far as converting my pen tool points and how to use the gradient tool. My husband said he was proud of me for sticking to it for so long (I was simply wishing that I wasn't so thick that I couldn't figure it out). The more you work at these tutorials you begin to have more and more AHA! moments, and that is fun.

----------
Aaron starts back with his homeschool league bowling today. We are doing Summer league, which bowls every week. This also means I will have to have constant discussions with the other kids that..."NO...I am not give you any money for the game room." ---INSERT CHILDREN BEGGING----..."NO...I am not give you any money for the game room." This begs the question if this exchange can really be called a discussion if both parties never say anything different and the position on the issue remains eternally fixed?

-------
We just started reading Wind in the Willows last night (the children have misplaced The Silver Chair. I think this may be a clever ruse for me to get fed up and clean their rooms for them. CLEVER, DIABOLICAL, and well planned in a unplanned, lazy sort of child-like way!

2 comments:

janna said...

Looks like your kids had a blast!!

I will check out the PS tut when I have more time!

Have a good weekend

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

ROFLMBO!! Today was so hot, that I think if tomorrow's the same, I may just bend over and give the sprinkler a taste of my underwear!! *gasping for air here* I'm seriously getting a workout here from laughing so hard. ^.^

ah, yes, the diabolical ruse to get the parent to clean the room. I remember using that one! :) My boys aren't really old enough to use it. ... and somehow I don't think they would, since the house is always a mess anyway. Today, my 4yo declared, "You're cleaning cuz tomorrow's my BIRTHDAY PARTY!" and of course that's why. LOL