Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Thursday, June 29, 2006

They're Climbing the Walls!


Urban Monkeys kit by Lizzie Grace, popsicle sticks (Modified) from Susan Long, Film strip (modified) by Jen Wilson, paper from BYOBB Kit Add-on by Gina Miller, Banana and monkey background paper by Ping Designs, fonts: arial, Pea Jane

Climbing the molding is a passion for Noah. He climbs daily...shinnying (sp?)up the molding in the living room kitchen and bedroom. Rachel enjoys climbing as well, but doesn't do so as much as Noah. Aaron doesn't bother and Eve hasn't figured it out, yet! I'm pretty sure that this is an unacceptable deed in many homes, but we find it pretty cool! Michael built a climbing wall in our garage several years ago and Noah is the only one interested in climbing it. Noah is built kind of small and squarish, like a line backer in football. I think he most resembles the build of my maternal grandfather, "Goat" (Bill) Harris. My grandfather only attended high school to play football. (I will post a layout of this soon. I have a cool newspaper article with him suited up). As far as, climbing the molding our only injuries are the kids that think it's funny to hang out underneath the climber. Gravity and Darwin at work here!..."He fell on me!"...
"Why were you standing underneath him?"...
"He did it on purpose!"...
"If that makes you feel better!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Michael asked me to make a video slideshow presentation of the most recent "Supercamp" activity. I'm using Easy Media Creator 8 to put the show together. My problem is being able to stop. I love pictures and music, and I enjoy putting the two together. I haven't figured out the songs I want to use, yet. I have great photos of camping, rock climbing, biking and caving. Michael was in charge of the "High Adventure" stuff. So, if there are any songs that strike you as good for these activities please let me know:)

2 comments:

janna said...

TO fuuny!!!

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

LMBO!! My kids have not figured it out, thank the stars. But I can feel it about to happen, since his friend has shown him how. I am hoping the glossy paint will shy him away. :P