Kids Book Corner

  • Goose Girl
  • Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of NIMH
  • Peter and The Shadow Thieves
  • Peter and The Star Catchers
  • Simon Bloom, The Gravity Keeper
  • Stella Brite and The Dark Matter Myster
  • The Island of The Blue Dolphins
  • The Phantom Toll Booth
  • The School Library Journal
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • Tuck Everlasting

Labels

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

3 Sisters


April papers by Iron Orchid Designs, Stitches One by Mo Jackson, corner stitches by Sarah Batdorf in the Whimsy Kit and the flower pins from Sandra Boddington's Persimmons in Summer. Font: Mama Script

This is a photo of my two sisters, Katherine and Tracy, and myself about 1973. My father built this fence and a few years later a drunk driver destroyed it completely. You will notice I'm not wearing shoes in this picture and my sister, Tracy, is shoeless and unhappy. I still go shoeless when I walk around outside (yes, for anyone chastising me out there, I do step on sharp pointy, things that make me mutter things, but I simply prefer to leave my shoes off). My sister, now much happier, goes around with her shoes on when she goes outside. Katherine is a shoe wearer too, so I don't know about my backwoods personality.
This is an aside, but I read on the internet (Bastion of all thought, as it is) that if you never wore shoes your feet would never stink. I digress in wondering if adults went around na*ed would we not need deoderant? This is merely a thought and I am seriously not advocating nu*ity. I do own a mirror---Please!

No comments: